A. Portrait: Portrait photographs of any person or group of people.
Bridal and Wedding portraits are not eligible.
B. Wedding/Candid: All photographs pertaining to brides, weddings or social events.
C. Creative/Unclassified: Pictorials, scenic, graphic art, pets or any subject matter with a creative theme should be entered in this category. Images that have been retouched or enhanced, including images of people, using digital methods or images that have been creatively altered using digital filters should also be entered in this category.
D. Art Tech/Electronic Imaging (Art EI): Print entries need to include guide image(s) used to create the final image. Final images entered into this category should be significantly different from the originals, including restorations, and composites.
3. Entries Allowed: The total number of entries permitted is four (4) and no more than three in one category. The following prints are not eligible; CTPPA convention blue ribbon winners, Reuben Schaller Award, Hallmark Award, Century Award, Kodak Gallery and Fuji Masterpiece winners. PPANE or PPA entries scoring 80 or above are also not eligible. No two photographs shall be of the same subject.
4. Mounting: (for actual printed print competition at the annual convention) All non masters prints must be presented on a 16 x 20 mount board. The actual images can be of any size and places within the 16 x 20 area. Frames and glass are not permitted. Overlay mats are permitted, but must be secured firmly.
5. Titles: All images must be titled or they will be disqualified.
6. Masters: The presentation including image may be of any proportion or shape, but not smaller than 80 square inches or larger than 480 square inches with the longest dimension being 24 inches. ( If an entry is 24 inches long on one dimension, the maximum other dimension is 20 inches). Prints exceeding the minimum or maximum will be disqualified. All images must also be titled.
7. Entries Not Meeting Size Requirements: These prints can be judged by the panel but are not eligible for any points, ribbons or corners.
8. Print Case Fee: The fee for each print case, with up to 4 prints, in the May, October and January digital competitions is:
Early Entry of 11-20 days before print comp = $20.
On-Time Entry of 5-10 days before print comp = $30.
NOTE: Absolutely no cases will be accepted after 5 days out.
Digital Print Date deadlines are the following:
For June 27th print comp:
Early entry: June 2 - June 16
On-Time entry: June 17 - June 22
For October 21st print comp:
Early entry: Sept 26 - October 10
On-Time entry: Oct 11 - Oct 16
For January 29th print comp:
Early entry: Jan 4 - Jan 18
On-Time entry: Jan 19 - Jan 24
The fee for Annual Print Comp at the convention is:
Early Entry (between February 12th and March 3rd) = $60.
On-Time Entry (between March 4th and March 9th) = $75
NOTE: Absolutely no cases will be accepted after March 9th.
9. Point System: All points scoring 78 or above will receive corners and the prints scoring 80 or higher will be judged for ribbons. The highest scoring print will automatically receive “Best In Show”, the next highest will receive “First Place” followed by “Second Place” and then “Third Place”. When there are multiple prints with the same score that are up for ribbons they will be reviewed by the judges.
Photographer of The Year in Each Category (non master): Points are accumulated April thru February in each category. The photographer with the highest point score in each category will win “Photographer of the Year” for that category. The photographer in this competition can be PPA Certified but cannot be a Master.
Certified Photographer of the Year (non master): Points will be accumulated for each category entered and the individual with the highest cumulative points will be awarded “Certified Photographer of the Year”.
Master Photographer of the Year: Points will be accumulated for each category entered and the individual with the highest total cumulative points will be awarded “Master Photographer of the Year”.